Friday, January 9, 2009

A New Coat of Paint


Time to re-invent yourself and start new. Take what you have and move it
around, change how it looks.


I have been doing just that. I have been putting on a fresh coat of paint and taking the old and moving it around and adding new vignettes out of the things I already have. I love vignettes, tiny little collections of the things you treasure most. I love to surround my art with funky little displays. I feel they simply add to it. I am a big believer in living with what you love and putting it out for the world to see. It makes cuddling up with a good book and a great cup of tea all that better if you are surrounded by pretty little things. I love vintage and Parisian looking things and me being me..I will simply paint it to get the look I love. Paint hides a multitude of sins...but I like things that aren't perfect. Old warn and chipped..furniture that has a story. I am always on the hunt for old frames and weird metal pieces that I can add to my art..things that you can add a a bit of glam to and it changes the look. I also believe that if you look around your home and move things around..you can get a totally different look..your friends will be asking.."Oh when did you get this" and it's something you have had forever...it's the best therapy I know. It's just like playing. Now if we could do that with our lives and personal relationships..we would all be so much happier... Every day wake up with a new coat of paint.
This is the new wall color for my entrance..I haven't hung the pictures back up yet. I am putting together a collection of black frames with a collage of art and photos..I'll post some pics after it is finished.

2 comments:

BaldyLocks said...

Wow. Everything looks so beautiful. Your sculpture with the wings reminds me of the Master Chief figure I put feather wings on for our Christmas angel.

Ah, those were good times.

One thing I'll never forget is the beautiful paint job you did on your studio floor.

I can't wait to see it in person.

BaldyLocks said...

I've been listening to your music for a while and I really like it. It's a lot better then the death metal coming from the kids computer.